Service Terms and Conditions
My Pet Pals shall enter clients home with the purpose of caring for pets. Additional services may involve collection of mail and packages and basic home care. Pets shall be provided with fresh food and water supplied by client. Dogs shall be taken out for proper exercise and waste elimination. My Pet Pals shall clean basic pet messes but may not be expected to go to extraordinary measures such as providing professional-level carpet cleaning. Client is to provide working key or means to access home such as garage door opener or access code.
The following terms and conditions apply to all services with My Pet Pals.
Please read and review thoroughly:
1. If anyone other than My Pet Pals has access to your home while the pet sitting job is being performed, My Pet Pals can assume no liability for any damages or losses to your home or pet. The utmost care will be given in watching your pet and home. However, due the unpredictability of animals, we cannot accept responsibility for any mishaps or any extraordinary or unusual events (i.e biting, furniture chewing, accidental death due to illness, etc.) or any complications in administering medication. Nor can we be held liable for injury, pregnancy, disappearance, death or fines of pets with unattended access to outdoors.
2. My Pet Pals is authorized to perform care and services outlined in this contract. My Pet Pals also is authorized, by submission of this form, to seek emergency veterinary care with release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Pet Pals for all expenses incurred, plus any additional fees for time spent attending to a medical situation. Client is responsible for setting permissions with your veterinarian for Pet Pals to request care for your pet.
3. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, My Pet Pals is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet and home. My Pet Pals will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
4. My Pet Pals agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against My Pet Pals except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct by My Pet Pals.
5. Client understands that contract also services as an invoice and takes full responsibility for PROMPT payment. Payment is expected when service is performed. A finance charge of 10% per month will be added to unpaid balances after 30 days. A fee of $25 will be charged on all returned checks. Advance payment is required during holidays, for new clients and at other times as requested by My Pet Pals. If collection proceedings become necessary, client will be responsible for all attorney's fees and costs of collection. Client may pay by Cash, Check, Credit or Debit card, Venmo and Zelle.
6. In the event of personal emergency or illness of My Pet Pals sitter, client authorizes My Pet Pals to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities set forth in this contract.
7. My Pet Pals will not be liable for free-access outdoor pets (cats and/or dogs left out in the yard or with access to a dog door) in the event of illness, pregnancy, injury, loss or death. It is strongly advised that outdoor pets wear a collar and tags with contact information or that they remain inside the home or confined for their safety and welfare while you're away.
8. Client maintains that all pets are current on vaccinations. Should pet sitter be bitten or otherwise exposed to disease or ailment received from clients animal or home, it will be the client's responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the sitter.
9. My Pet Pals reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time before or during its term if MPP, in its sole discretion, determines that a danger exists to the health or safety of pet sitter. If concerns prohibit pet sitter from caring for pet, client authorizes pet to be placed in kennel with all charges to be paid by client. Every attempt will be made to notify client in advance.
10. Client authorizes this contract to be valid approval for future services of any purpose provided by this contract permitting My Pet Pals to accept electronic reservations for service and enter premises without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
11. Daily dog walk clients must give 24 hours notice for cancellations or will be charged for that visit. A vacation cancellation fee of 25% of the total bill will be charged for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice. During holidays, two weeks notice is requested, and the cancellation fee of 50% of the TOTAL BILL shall be charged for cancellations made with less than 7 days notice.
12. In the event My Pet Pals cannot access home because of faulty key, damaged lock, invalid entry code, etc., Client shall be responsible for any expense incurred for locksmith or similar service.
13. In the event of My Pet Pals coming to the home to care for a pet and the pet is not there, or the client has changed their mind, and hasn't contacted us to change plans, the client will be charged double for our inconvenience.
In submitting this form, client asserts that you have reviewed and understand these terms.